Sunday, April 12, 2015

Book Review 38: Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki

I read this book as an ebook, (although it is available for a paperback copy) and was really glad I read it. It is an original and new idea that I had never read anything like before. Branded is a fast paced 359 page book that you will not want to put down. I do however recommend this book for those ages 17 and up, a mature, audience if you will. There are some thematic elements that may not be appropriate for younger readers, but you would have to talk to your parent or guardian, about reading it. There is some language that may also not be appropriate for a child or younger, young adult. If you do choose to read this book, I hope that you will not regret it. In a way it reminds me of another book that I have read, State of Refuge, by David Korson. And when I say remind me, just the idea of the Hole.


The main protagonist, Lexi Hamilton, is just like us, facing difficulties that we face today, just on a much greater level. She may even be falling in love. But, the cost of of her love could be death, and she can't let anyone else she cares about get hurt, not even the handsome guard who has been assigned to protect who, even with his life. Why is she being protected and why is she even in the Hole? She hasn't done anything wrong! Someone has lied to her and kept secrets from her, she won't stop until she finds out what, and who! Lexi also, thinks how I feel many of us would in her situation.

The sequel Hunted will be available for purchase in the US, April 28, of this year.



















You can buy both books through the kindle app, and here.

Visit Abi and Missy here.

You can also find them on Facebook (Authors: Abi and Missy) and Twitter (@abiandmissy).

Look for Branded and Hunted on Goodreads today!


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment