Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Book signing with Marissa Meyer!!

So, this past weekend (Saturday January 31st, 2015) two of my amazing cousins took a friend and myself to the Fairest book signing in Cincinnati, Ohio, and we had a blast! While we were at the Joseph-Beth Booksellers Bookstore (here is the Cinci. web address: http://www.josephbeth.com/Default.aspx), they had trivia contests (for prizes), a costume contest (also for prizes), and a Q&A with Marissa Meyer! There were some amazing costumes! Example:      
These are just two of the amazing costumes worn at the signing:










                                                                        (Two different versions of Queen Levana, if you couldn't tell)


Marissa Meyer talked about her books, how she got started in writing fairy tale re-tellings, Fairest, and she read an exclusive excerpt from the next book in the Lunar Chronicles, Winter!! Unfortunately, I don't have it to share with you, but it sounds amazing!! Oh! Winter is scheduled to be released this November!!

Marissa Meyer is an extremely sweet and funny person, and I am glad that I was able to meet her! She will be taking a short maternity leave, since she and her husband have adopted 3 month old twin girls!! Congrats you two! So, my friend gave her one of my cards (since I didn't have the guts too), and she asked me about my blog! Like, how long I have been doing it for and is I still like it! I had a blast and am so thankful to have been able to go. Did you know that Marissa has been coming to the Joseph-Beth Bookstore since Cinder was released? Wow! Thank you for coming back every time, Marissa!

In other news, be on the look out for a review of the books that have been released in the Lunar Chronicles series, to date (that means reviews for Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Fairest, and an e-novella, The Little Android). Also, look for me in Cinci. again this weekend for the book Invaded by Melissa Landers!

So, here are some pics from the signing this weekend!

 (Left to right (as if you are reading a book): Marissa Meyers; Marissa Meyers and the top of Fairest; Me and Marissa Meyers; My friend and I pretending to sign books before the signing)


























Anyway, that's it for now!



                                                                 Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment