Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Movie review 19: The Maze Runner

So, I can't say a lot about this movie since I haven't finished the book, and I saw it a couple weeks ago... But, apparently what I heard, was that it was really different from the book. There were a lot of changes made for the film adaptation. However, there isn't really any language in it, and the violence isn't gory (isn't a lot of violence, anyway)... It wasn't the nest movie I have seen this year, and it also wasn't horribly awful and unbearable to watch. A fairly family friendly movie. And the cast did a pretty good job portraying their characters as well. My sister read the book (all of them actually) and she came home pretty frustrated over the changes that they had made, especially some of the deaths that occurred, what the Grievers looked like, and so one. So anyway, there were a lot of changes made, so if you haven't seen this movie yet, I would wait for Netflix or however you get your movies, and then see it. I you are a fan of the books don't do into it thinking that it is going to be just like the book, or as close as the did with The Hunger Games movies, and Divergent, it isn't like the book, my sister said that the only things that were similar were the character names and the fact that it took place in the Maze, not sure about that since I haven't finished it yet, but what do you guys think? Did you like the movie? Was it what you were hoping for? Did they get enough of the book in there for you?

(<Movie Poster: Book Cover>)



Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Haven't seen the movie yet (I'm waiting for the dollar theater) but I liked the books so I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete