Monday, May 26, 2014

Movie Review 13: X-Men: Days of Future Past

So I really enjoyed this movie. Honestly I can't go much on the comic book to movie side of it because I haven't read the comic books, or know much of the back story (just through the movies). But, I thought it was really well done cinematic-ally(if that's how you spell that :). ). The graphics were really well done, and the story in my opinion was well written. There were several 'funny' moments in it, mainly including QuickSilver (the whole prison break). Anyway, I loved seeing some of the original cast members, and I loved seeing a more vulnerable side of Mystique.
I was hoping for an extreme, maybe even over the top, climax, but it was still really, really good. You really see the vulnerable sides of everyone from the 'past' and ' future'. I honestly can't pick it apart very well because, like I said, I don't know the original story, and know what changes were made, or what differences there were. I can safely say that I believe that almost everyone will enjoy the movie, those who have read the comics and are fans, or those who have only seen the movies (such as myself). When I watch movies I tend to look at the story line; how long it takes to get into the story and what details are there, if the story seems like it jumps around a lot, etc., and I don't think it really did that. It didn't seem like it took to long to get into the 'heart' (if that's the right word) of the story, they explained what was happening very quickly and very thoroughly. They had a great amount of detail and one of my favorite things in movies (and books), action in only a 2 hour movie and ordered it/ put it together really well. And everyone kind of finds who they are by the end. Or fixes things the made mistakes with (can't say more than that).
Anyway, I really liked it and am looking forward to the next movie X-Men: Apocalypse.
                                                                       
                                                                                Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment