Sunday, February 16, 2014

Book Review 11: 10 Things I Wish I Knew in High School by Sarah E. Galimore

This book was not entirely what I expected. It was very intellectual or more serious than what I expected. There were some good points in it, and some good examples, but it was as engaging as I would have liked. The author did do a good job of stating why you would want to do well in High School. And why it matters later in life. I was somewhat bored, in the fact that it was somewhat a personal narrative, for example she had a lot of personal examples, which is fine except for the fact that it was almost overwhelming ,and maybe braggy?  I don't want to focus on the negative, so to the positive. I have been extremely motivated to do better and try my hardest in school, (since the is my junior High school year). Sarah E. Galimore has some very good tips to help you succeed in school, and at the end of every chapter there is a review question(or 2). I feel that after reading this it has helped me be able to see why school is important and why it is important to do your best in school. Not just High School or College either but any grade, or in the work force. If you are going in to or are in High school this would be a good book to read since you may need motivation to do well. I know I do. Anyway, I think that this book is more informational, and it is supposed to be like that. I know I will be passing it on to my sister. It may not be something to buy, if you can get it for free or extremely cheap then go for it, otherwise wait.
I hope this isn't too negative, and gives you enough information on it.

                                                                 Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment