Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The One Fan Fiction contest.

So, there is a fan fiction contest for The One, where you could win some cool prizes, and I just entered. basically you write the first chapter of The One (500 words or less), and submit it. So here is mine, if you like it I will lengthen it and add more detail, and edit it more/better. Let me know what you think.




"I don't know what to believe!" I tell Marlee.
"I know, but think about what he has given up for you! You can't just forget that."
I know Marlee is trying to help but, I just can't get over the fact that Aspen has kept this secret from me for so long. It's almost been a month since he told the truth, about why he is here now, why he was assigned as a guard in the castle. Why he was placed outside my door.
"I just can't believe he didn't tell me before." I say, I feel the tears coming and try to push them back down. "He told me to come here, that he didn't want to be the reason that I didn't have the best possible life, yet he shows up here and makes deciding who I want to be with even harder!"
 I can't hold it in anymore, as I start to cry, tears running down my face and making my makeup, or what little thereof run down my face. Marlee pulls me in for a large and comforting hug, something that I never received at home. Through my sobs I hear her say, "I know he hurt you, but think about the things he was willing to do to give you a life, he really does love you, and wants you to be happy, even if it means being with Maxon."
I pull away, wiping tears and makeup from my face, "I know that, but, how do I know that there aren't other things that Aspen is hiding? Maybe the people he says is his family really isn't! Maybe they are just a cover for him!"
"America! So he kept his, being a spy for the King, Queen, and Maxon, a secret! He fell in love with you, and he did what he thought was best for you. He could have lied and said that you weren't fit to try for the crown, and kept you to himself. But he didn't! He was the one who found you in the forest after the raid!"
She has a point, when he told me, we were near the back wall, he had asked to speak with me, I couldn't believe that he had kept it from me all this time, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I know I should have, but, I just wanted to keep you safe" that was all he got to say because the last thing I said to him was, "Safe from what!" I didn't even let him finish. I ran back to the castle, to my room, and requested a new guard.
"And. besides," I say, "Maxon isn't any better, he denies the whole thing, and I know he knows!"
Marlee just shakes her head, "Do you really think he would lie to you? What reason would he have? He took a beating for you, and you still don't trust him. He even told you he would send you home if you want, and you said no."
"I know, but that was only so that I can figure out some things."
"So you don't have feelings for Maxon?"
"I never said that," I can feel my cheeks getting hot, and Marlee is starting to giggle, "it's just that, after the confrontation with the King, I don't want to push things."
"Maybe you should talk to Maxon, and try to work one problem out at a time."
"I think that's a good idea, but when?"
"Well, the King will be gone tonight."
"Okay, tonight"
As we say goodbye, and Marlee heads back to the kitchen, I write a small note that says, "Tugging my ear, tonight."
A few minutes after wandering that halls I find a maid, "Excuse me, would please give this to Prince Maxon?"
"Yes, my lady." And she is off to give my note to Maxon.
Now I just have to wait for tonight, to see if Maxon still cares about me.


                                                                 Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment