Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Book Review #5: Delirium by Lauren Oliver

                                                   
                                                           Delirium by Lauren Oliver

  So, I was hesitant to try this trilogy, but decided to give it a shot, and I was blown away (in a way).
 I have a love, hate relationship with this book. I loved that it was a new idea, at least to me it was. I mean a cure for love, kinda cool. I also loved the character building in the story. For example, in the example of Lena(the protagonist), you find out a dark secret, but nothing more than what she knows, you find out about her life, and the lives of some of those around her. The plot was laid out very well to me. It didn't rush through anything, but it didn't drag on too much either. Also, I was intrigued to find the answers to Lena's questions and to solve some of the mysteries throughout the book.
  Some things I don't like; some of the decisions that the characters made were very annoying, to me at least. But that can happen in any book. Something that bugged me was that fact that the found a cure to love but bot other ailments, like, cancer. So, I guess it's more of a love, dislike relationship, but still.
I couldn't get through the book fast enough! but at the same time I could only handle one or two chapters at a time. However, at the end I powered through four long chapters and am now trying to decide when to read Pandemonium the second book in the trilogy. I also wish that there would have been more detail regarding Hana and Rachel in the book.
   As I was reading I cam across some language, the most severe being, the F-bomb dropped three times throughout the book. The book is mainly P-G, but I only recommend it to reading levels 8 and above. At times the book can be annoying (again in my opinion), because Lena makes a few *stupid* decisions, like any one of us can do, but they are things that she could have known or figured would be a bad decision, however, at times what she does is a good thing (and she is stronger and smarter than you think) .
  In some ways it is pretty intense, I can't really describe it to you without spoiling it all (lots of running, tying people up, sneaking around, finding the truth out, and lots of secrets; oh what do ya know, I can describe it, haha). Some of the plot was predictable to me, but there still some good twists in the plot.
  I definitely recommend this book, but it is definitely not for everyone. I'm sorry, that this isn't as detailed as I had planned and hopefully after I finish the series, I will be able to describe it better. I hope that this helps you decide if you want to read it or not, or at least helps you get an idea.


 If you read it or have read Delirium, let me know what you thought of it, like? love? hate? I want to hear what you have to say.

HEY! what do you want to see me do? Any books you think I should check out? Any movies out anything?
Let me know.

                                                               Thank you so much!

                                                       Remember there is power in wisdom
                                                         And Wisdom comes from books!   

No comments:

Post a Comment