Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Book Review 2: Enclave by Ann Aguirre

Enclave by Ann Aguirre
So, I read this book because of the hype about it being great for THG fans. In my opinion, it was nothing like The Hunger Games!
I read it within two days, and was not very impressed, I thought that the plot moved too fast, I thought that the character build-up was poor, and with everything moving so quickly, you couldn't build any connections with the characters. You can't get emotionally attached to any of the characters. It jumped constantly in my opinion, and moved a little to quickly for me. I honestly think there were a hundred different way that Ann Aguirre could have made this better. Just by slowing down, and building more on the relationship between characters, SPOILER   and maybe had Deuce in the Enclave longer, and expanded on why the elders, like the wordkeeper, were keeping so many secrets and why some of the things that happened, happened when they did, and the reasons behind it. Spoiler, (a little), I think that even if she hadn't slowed down, she should have at least left them wandering and then maybe in the second book had them find the settlement(topside enclave). But I didn't write it and I have to give her props for being able to write something so popular,
So, kudos to you Ann!!
But anyway, there wasn't a lot of language if any, but there is some violence, and it is somewhat gruesome, but a pretty easy read.
I don't know how much I recommend this book. If it's something you're into, let me know in the comments.
Probably a good read for 5th to 8th grade, highschool is pushing it. It is not really predictable, but, somewhat unexciting to me. Again, a good book to get your interest in reading going.
Sorry, for the not very good review, but, I hope this helps, even a little.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment